Northwest Rapid Transport
The $8.3 billion Sydney Metro Northwest is the first stage of Sydney Metro – Australia’s biggest public transport project. The Northwest Rapid Transit Consortium (NRT) is delivering eight new railway stations, 23km of new track, 4,000 commuter parking spaces and Sydney’s new generation of safe, reliable and fully automated metro trains. NRT will deliver this critical infrastructure and operate and maintain it for 15 years.
CSR Pits: Form, reo and pour in-situ concrete pits as per client drawings and project specifications utilising 3rd party designs.
NRT Substations and Retaining Walls:
Quickway provided formwork, reinforcement fixing, and concrete placement to the following structures:
- Traction substation
- Bulk supply substation
- Retaining walls
Electrical: Quickway’s Electrical team were responsible for the installation of the new 132kV conduit route and associated pit works from Sydney Metro Train Facility to Cudgegong Substation, including:
- Supply and installation of a new 12 bank of conduit backfilled with TSB
- Installation of High Voltage Pits
- Installation of Low Voltage Pits
- Mandrelling and CCTV inspection
Track Slab: Quickway’s concreting teams contributed to the construction of the 23 kilometres of type 2 and type 3 track slab on the NRT project.
Rail: The Quickway rail team were involved in:
- Surveying the alignment, height and gauge of the track. Ensuring all measurements are within Sydney Trains acceptance limits
- Aluminothermic welding
- Profile grinding
- Base plate installation and grouting
Northwest Rapid Transit
Transport for NSW
✓ Concrete Structures